Start This Program At Your School
This program can be started at any school and is easily modified to work with a number of scheduling options. This section provides information on how to start this program at your school.
Benefits to the Schools
- Increase enrollment in the science fair.
- Provide a meaningful, hands-on science educational experience for all students.
- Relatively low-cost program to implement
- Provides a meaningful civic engagement program to involve the community in the education of their children.
Benefits to the Students
- Expose students to science in a new way.
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills in students through the use of the scientific method.
- Increase science interest and enjoyment in students.
- Provide students with the opportunity to develop positive relationships with adults in the community.
- Addresses barriers that prevent students from participating in the science fair so more students can participate.
- Build positive relationships with an adult in the community, their mentor.
The first step to starting this program at your school is contacting us. We can provide you with a calendar, curriculum outline, guidance, and other materials to start this program at your school.
Please contact us via email at ScienceFairMentorMN@gmail.com or by phone at 507-438-6084. You can also check us out on Facebook. We are excited to help you start this program at your school and continue to inspire the next generation of young scientists.